Psychiatrists NYC Medical Insurance Policy
- Dr. Amanda Itzkoff does not accept insurance directly as payment.
- Payment for services is collected at the time of your appointment.
Dr. Itzkoff will provide each patient with a properly coded bill, that may be submitted to your insurance provider, to obtain the maximum allowable reimbursement your insurance carrier allows.
We Offer the Following Psychiatric Services in Manhattan, NYC
- Psychotherapy is defined as a method of psychiatric care that uses regular personal interaction to achieve psychological healing. Psychotherapy focuses on improving an individuals mental health and well-being. Psychotherapy can be an effective treatment for mitigating negative behaviors or compulsions, sorting through personal beliefs, or managing emotions. Dr. Itzkoff specializes in psychotherapy and encourages patients to schedule regular, personal visits for the most effective treatment.
- Pharmacology is often used in conjunction with a healthy psychotherapy plan. Pharmacology is a branch of medicine and biology that is concerned with the use of medication to exert a particular psychological or bio mechanical effect. Dr. Itzkoff specializes in using pharmacology for select patient cases where there is evidence that this avenue of treatment will deliver results.
- Dr. Amanda Itzkoff, a leading New York psychiatrist, works closely with adults and adolescents facing drug and alcohol addiction. She provides alcohol and drug addiction counseling, as well as behavior therapy for gambling addiction, food addiction, and other addiction behaviors.
- Ketamine therapy can be very effective in relieving the symptoms of treatment-resistant depression. Several scientific studies, including those conducted at Yale University and the National Institute of Mental Health, have shown that even a single low dose of intravenously administered ketamine can dramatically improve symptoms associated with depression.